Sunday 1 March 2015

This Hectic Life

Missed a few weeks of posting because February has been a CRAZY month.

At the beginning of the month I travelled to the SCBWI Midyear Conference in NYC. I've been to this conference several times before but I think it gets better all the time.  I met a ton of fantastic people and learned so much during the workshops.

On my downtime (which wasn't often) I managed to check out the 'One Hundred Books Famous in Children's Literature' exhibit at The Grolier Club.




I also managed to hit the streets to play my hand at some photography. I took about 500 different pictures and I'm not posting them all - just a couple










Sunday Morning at 5:30 am my friends and I hit the Matisse exhibit - yes that was the only time we could get tickets. There were still a lot of people there. There I learned that if you even take out your phone to text someone the guards yell, "NO PHOTOS!" 


I flew home only to stay long enough to do laundry and I was off to Quebec City for their Winter Carnival.










The hectic month continued with school visits, weekend trips to help family, day trips, and organizing and opening registration for our SCBWI Canada East conference in Montreal. Whew. 
March onward. 


No comments:

Post a Comment