Sunday 24 June 2012

Working on...

Besides my rewriting one novel, I'm working on illustrating a fun picture book of mine. I'd like to have a full dummy before I head to our SCBWI Canada east Ottawa Conference in October, of course contracted novel edits, contracted picture book edits and illustrations for that picture book may get in the way of the October Conference dummy deadline because books I'm being paid for come first.
For the dummy I'm putting what I learned at the SCBWI Niagara conference into use. I've done thumbnails of a full storyboard so I can see it all at once. (Some things are going to change). And then did a rough of one of the spreads. After figuring out placement, I finished the spread (below). This is a small file so some of the details don't show up as well but it's enough to give you an idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment